Monday 2 September 2013

Thoughts of the month

I'm a bit late posting my August thoughts, but in my defense August has been a whirlwind of giving birth, moving and adjusting to life as a family of four. By some miracle I managed to string a few thoughts together although I can't promise they will be very coherent.

1. Motherhood is a lot easier the second time around. I'm sure having an easy, 45 minute labour helped, but I feel so much better this time than I did after I had Chai. The one thing I remember after I had Chai is how awful I felt and I felt that way for at least 12 months after I had him. This time I feel pretty good, which is a huge relief. It's entirely possible this will change when Tiger goes back to work.

2. Companies who don't respond to their customers on social media really irk me. Why bother being on social media if you aren't going to reply to your consumers. Case in point; Chapstick have recently released a Lipkit trio of balms that I really want to buy. They aren't on the Chapstick website so twice on Instagram I've asked Chapstick if they can give me a list of stockists. They haven't bothered to respond to me. 

3. I thought that after I had this bub I'd be content and not want any more babies but already I'm thinking I'd like another one or two. Oops. I blame post pregnancy hormones. My Dr encourages me and thinks it's a great idea. Tiger does not.

4. Getting take-away food home delivered down here is very expensive. To have something delivered less than 5kms costs $10. What a joke. 

5. After renting for four months it's a huge relief to be living in our own home. I don't have to be constantly worried about Chai getting dirty marks on the walls, damaging the blinds, chipping the paint etc. Prior to having Chai renting didn't worry me because it's easy not to damage things, but children change that!

6. For anyone who's interested, you can get the Chapstick Lipkits at Chemist Warehouse. 

7. Country people are so much friendlier than city people. They are also a lot more patient and willing to help. There is a lot less road rage too.

8. After living in the city for fifteen years I'm not used to people being so nice and friendly. I'm having to make a conscious effort to remember to be nice and friendly myself as I'm so accustomed to city people who don't have time to be nice.   

9. I've come to realise that I miss having a job. As much as I love being a full time mum, it was really nice getting dressed up and going to work. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I miss dressing nicely and having the social interaction with my workmates. I know I'll have another job someday, but it won't be for a while yet. 

10. When we were in Perth we didn't even bother driving past our old house even though we were right there. It's made me realise how many bad memories were attached to that house and how ready we were to leave.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!