Monday 12 August 2013

My Pregnancy Essentials

When I'm pregnant my whole routine changes. I can't wear perfumes, my skin gets dry and I prefer to use natural products where possible. I thought I'd write a list of the products that have gotten me happily through both of my pregnancies.

It's no secret how much I love Audra James products. Everything is custom made to suit my needs and it works! I didn't use any Audra products with my last pregnancy however for this pregnancy I've used the morning sickness and reflux blends (these are not on the menu, you just email Audra and she makes them for you), the Belly Oil and the Nipple Balm.

All of these products have been a godsend. The Belly Oil is lovely, dries quickly and has a very light, barely noticeable scent. The morning sickness blend kept me functioning and the reflux blend is nothing short of a miracle.  
I've only been using the Nipple Balm for about a week now, but for those of you who aren't aware, it's a good idea to start using a nipple balm towards the end of your pregnancy to make sure your nipples are ready for breastfeeding. I did it with Chai and whilst my nipples got sore they never got dry or cracked.

Burt's Bees Mumma Bee Belly Balm - This is my favourite belly balm. With Chai I used the Palmers belly butter which was really nice but it was very rich so I could only use it at night. I had to throw out the singlets I was sleeping in as they all stunk of oil by the end of my pregnancy. Burt's Bees Belly Balm is rich, but when I rub it between my hands it melts to an oil which absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my skin greasy. I've been using this day and night since I finished my Audra James Belly Oil.

Clarins HydraQuench Day Cream - For some reason my skin gets really dry when I'm pregnant and this is my go to moisturiser for dry skin. There are natural moisturisers that do just as good a job (I'm looking at you Weleda Skin Food), however this has SPF in it so it's my choice for daytime moisturiser. 

Soap and Glory Girligo - With my last pregnancy I used this as a perfume because I couldn't handle any of my other perfumes. 

Preggie Pop Drops - These are great for morning sickness. They don't alleviate it totally but they help a lot. 

Natural Scents deodorant - As I've said, I prefer to use natural products when I'm pregnant and that includes deodorant. As I get so hot when I'm pregnant I need something effective and yet gentle as I have very sensitive pitts. This one does the trick. It doesn't irritate my sensitive pitts and it lasts all day without me needing to reapply it. 

Peppermint lip balm - I don't normally use peppermint lip balms, however in the first trimester when I had all day sickness peppermint lip balms were a saviour. My favourites were Love and Toast Green Tea and Mint Lip Butter, The Body Shop Mint Lip Gloss and Hurraw Lip Balm.   

A'kin Lavender Body Wash - It wasn't until Audra told me that I became aware of lavender being used as a morning sickness treatment. I used my A'kin body wash in the mornings and it helped ease the morning queasiness. 

Leggings - I am a firm believer that leggings are not pants and I don't usually wear them, but during pregnancy they are the best. I have 2 pairs by Nine and Mine from Big W, they only cost $12 and are so comfortable. I wear them with dresses and long tops now that the weather has cooled down.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!