Wednesday 14 August 2013

Lafes Deodorants

With my last iHerb order I bought three Lafes deodorants to test out. I've only tried two of them so far, I will review the other one later when I've had a chance to try it. Whilst I'm pregnant and breastfeeding I prefer to use natural deodorants as I really don't like exposing the baby to chemicals. I'd actually prefer to use a natural deodorant all the time, it's just a matter of finding one that's effective.
The deodorant stick was a total fail. I usually love stick deodorants, however this one is so hard that I can't use it, it hurts my underarms when I try to put it on and it's not soft at all so I don't get any of the product under my arm. Fail. That went in the bin. I'm very glad this only cost me $4.51 (US)!

I got the fragrance Fresh which I was thinking would be a fresh, green scent, however it's more fresh woody, so rather masculine. I wouldn't get this scent again.

The second deodorant I got was the roll on version which I've been using for just over a month now and I really like it. I got this in Powder scent and unsurprisingly it smells exactly like powder. I find it to be gentle on my sensitive pitts and very effective. Granted, I'm using it through winter, however being pregnant I'm constantly hot and this does the trick. By the end of the day I can smell the deodorant, but I can't smell any body odour, so that makes it a winner. I'd be interested to see how this fares in summer. I paid $4.55 (US) which is a bargain!

Stick deodorant ingredients:
Roll on deodorant ingredients: aqua, potassium alum, hydroxyethylcellulose, guar gum, aloe vera extract, cinnamon oil, hemp oil, coriander seed oil, witch hazel extract, close bud essential oil, essential oil aromatic blend.

If you are planning on placing an iHerb order, code YUF175 will get you a discount on your first order.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!