Friday, 26 July 2013

FFS Friday - The tired edition

This week is all about Chai, so if you don't like hearing about the antics of two year olds, come back next week :)

With impeccable timing Chai decided that as of last Friday he no longer requires a sleep during the day. FFS.

Naturally he decided this when I'm at my most tired and I desperately need him to sleep during the day so that I can. FFS.

Chai has a thing for being naked at the moment. This doesn't overly worry me, however we are in the middle of winter and it's often 15 degrees in the house when he's running around naked. FFS.

I find him naked at least three times a day. FFS.

The little monkey is so fast, I'll go to the toilet then hear him saying "Oh no" and come out to find him proudly standing there totally naked. FFS.

Every time he's naked he wees on the floor. Naturally he doesn't wee on the tiles, it's always on the carpet. FFS. 

Saturday I'd fallen asleep on the couch only to be woken by Chai's naked bum sitting on my face. FFS.

When he's done something he knows I won't like or he shouldn't have done (such as wee on the floor, make a huge mess etc), he'll say "Ohhh bubba" and point out what he's done. FFS.

Through Chai copying me I'm learning the phrases that I say all the time. FFS.

My most commonly used words/sayings are: okay, honey, ohhh bubba, oh no, oh okay, alright and yes please.

Monday morning Chai decided that 4.39am was a good time to start the day. FFS.

I convinced him that wasn't a good idea so he went back to sleep and woke up again at 5.59am. FFS.

That morning he wanted yoghurt for breakfast. I thought I'd be clever and give it to him before our shower so that he wouldn't get it all over his clothes. He ate half the pot of yoghurt and then had enough, so I tidied it all up and we had our shower. After we got out of the shower he refused to let me dress him (as usual) and then decided he wanted to eat the rest of his yoghurt. FFS.

I sat him on a blanket and put a tea towel over his lap and let him go for it. Unsurprisingly he ended up with yoghurt everywhere. FFS.

How he managed to get it all the places he got it is beyond me. It was embedded in his belly button, all over his boy bits and in his ear. The whole top half of his body was covered in yoghurt, as was the floor, the carpet and the lounge chair. FFS.

So he got another wash with a wet cloth. FFS.

Thankfully I hadn't dressed him. Not FFS.

Once again I'm forgetting to change Chai's nappy. Monday we went through three pairs of pants because I forgot to change him and he soaked through his nappy. FFS.

I've managed to remember to change his nappy for the rest of the week, in fact I've gone too far the other way and try to change his nappy every hour, forgetting that I've already changed it. FFS.

Wednesday he did three poo's and got a really bad nappy rash. The poor little man. It was so bad that he was crying. I'm not sure why it gave him such bad nappy rash as I changed him as soon as he'd done the poo, maybe it was really acidic or something. FFS.

Thankfully I'd restocked my beloved Weleda Calendula Nappy Change Cream the week before and that did the trick. Not FFS.

Due to sheer exhaustion I've started doing something I never wanted to do. FFS.

I've been letting Chai watch tv for hours. FFS.

I usually limit the amount of tv he watches as I'd rather him play, read books etc but I've been too tired to keep him amused all day so I've been letting him watch tv. FFS.

I console myself with the thought that it's only temporary. FFS.

Tuesday night Tiger nearly sent the police to our house. FFS.

Thankfully I got to him before he managed to. Not FFS.

As usual I was really tired so I sent him a message telling him I was going to go to bed when Chai did. He called me and before he hung up I told him I was going to bed and he asked me to text him if I did. I told him I was going to bed straight away. As I was settling Chai I heard the phone vibrating and knew it was Tiger calling but I didn't bother answering as Chai was nearly asleep and I wanted to go to sleep. A few hours later I woke up to hear my phone vibrating and when I checked it I had 4 missed calls and 2 messages from Tiger wanting to know that I was okay. FFS.

I sent him a very terse message letting him know that I'd gone to bed just like I'd said I was going to and that he'd woken me up. FFS.

When I spoke to him the next morning he confirmed that he'd been planning to send someone over to check that I was okay. FFS.

He's such a worrier. FFS.

It's lucky he didn't send anyone over because there is no way I'd answer the door at that hour of the night. FFS.

I'm sure I have more things to complain about however I'm too tired to remember them, so that's it for this week. 

I hope everyone has had a great week! 

Now that you've read my whinges, head over to Sarah's blog and see what everyone else is complaining about. 

Dear Baby G

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!