Monday 8 April 2013

Dr Organic Pomegranate Deodorant

 
I have always had sensitive pits but with this pregnancy they have gotten ultra sensitive and even the deodorants that I usually wear are irritating me. Because of this I've been on the hunt for a natural deodorant that actually works. I've tried natural deodorants in the past and either found them totally ineffective or irritating. 

I purchased three deodorants from the health shop. The first one I tried burned as soon as I put it on so that was out. The second and third ones were great. I'll be reviewing the third deodorant soon. I'm not going to mention the brand of deodorant that burned on contact because I'm sure it's my sensitive pits and not the deodorant. I passed it onto a friend who hasn't had any problems with it at all, which proves my theory. 

Another thing that's helped my sensitive pits is getting them waxed. Instead of shaving them every day I get them waxed every fortnight. I only had to let the hair grow for three days before getting them waxed and so much less hair has grown back. It's now been a week since my last wax and I don't have any regrowth at all.

Out of the two brands I purchased Dr Organic Pomegranate is my least favourite. It works but needs to be reapplied at lunchtime. I'd say it'd be fine for winter, but in summer it definitely needs to be reapplied. 

I found this deodorant to be very gentle, it didn't sting or irritate at all and the pomegranate scent is very pleasant. As it has a creamy consistency it takes longer to dry than the usual deodorants do, but I did notice that it barely leaves any white marks on my clothes.

I paid $12.95 AUD for a 50 ml bottle from Healthy Life health shop. 

Ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf juice, aqua, zinc ricinoleate, triethyl citrate, lauryl glucoside, polyceryl-2 dipohydroxystearate, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl, caprylate, sodiumbicarbonate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, sodium stearoyl lacylate, isocetyl palmitate, purica granatum extract, cetaria islandica extract, glycymetinic acid, aroma, rosmarius officianalis oil, tocopherol, hellianthus annus seed oil, chondrus crispus extract, xanthan gum, sodium phylate, sodium benzoate, potasium sorbate, citric acid, citronellol, limonene, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, linalool.

I'm no ingredient expert but to me it doesn't look like this is an organic deodorant.

Happily, this is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!