Friday 7 December 2012

FFS Friday - Of Walkers and Lawnmowers

Hello Friday! I don't have a whole lot to complain about this week, but I came up with a few things to keep everyone happy. FFS.

Hubby didn't work last week as he was doing a training course. We were hoping that he'd get the weekend off so we could all relax together. He called the boss Friday and had to go back to work Saturday. FFS.

The shutdown has now been extended so he'll be working 13 day fortnights for the foreseeable future. FFS.

My poor baby is teething again. FFS.

He had a really restless night on Friday so he and I slept in the spare room. FFS.

Saturday morning I woke up a total mess.

I had eczema on my eyes and arms, my right eye was swollen and I had a swollen bottom lip. FFS.

If I hadn't slept in the spare room I would have blamed hubby for it, but as he was in our room I couldn't blame anyone. FFS.

My lip continued to swell for four hours, it got so bad that I was starting to think I would have to go to the Dr. FFS.

It had two huge blisters on it. FFS.

After four hours it stopped swelling and by the end of the day was back to normal. FFS.

I have no idea why I woke up in such a state. FFS.

Saturday we had another home open. FFS.

I am so sick of bloody home opens. FFS.

I did most of the cleaning on Friday so all I had to do Saturday was mop the floors and put away Chai's toys. I put him down for his nap, tidied up the house and was about to sit down for a rest when Chai woke up. FFS.

He woke up and hour and a half early. FFS.

The home open wasn't for another hour and a half either, but as I couldn't face the thought of spending that hour and a half trying to stop him trashing the house I decided to sink to a new parenting low. FFS.

I put him in the car, turned on his dvd, got into the drivers seat and we sat there in the driveway for an hour. FFS.

Just call me Mother of the year. FFS.

I'll do it again this week if it keeps the house clean. FFS.

Whilst we were sitting there a car pulled into the driveway behind me. I was sitting there wondering how I was going to explain us sitting in the car, when they drove off again. Not FFS.

As if chronic hayfever isn't bad enough, this week I've also got a cold, eczema and bad asthma. FFS.

Clearly something doesn't like me at the moment. FFS.

Monday I had to take our car to the panel beaters. FFS.

It had some very minor scratches that hubby insisted on getting fixed. FFS.

I dropped it off and they said it'd take 3 to 4 days. FFS.

The thought of being housebound all week did not please me. FFS.

Around lunchtime on Tuesday I got a phone call from the panel beaters telling me the car was finished! Not FFS.

Great work Platinum Smash Repairs. Not FFS.

Thursday I had to take hubby's car back to the mechanic. FFS.

There is a problem with the automatic transmission now. FFS.

It cost us $400 to fix. FFS.

We've now spent $1,000 repairing the stupid car and he's only had it a few months. FFS.

Add to that the $2,000 that he spent on rims and we could have got a brand new car for the same price. FFS.

My car (that he used to drive) never needed fixing and didn't use as much fuel either. FFS.

Thursday I take Chai to Rhyme Time and Playgroup. We both love spending time with the other kids and Playgroup gives me a chance to have some adult conversation. Thursday at Rhyme Time Chai kept on saying that he wanted to go home. FFS.

I didn't let him so he fell asleep in my arms, right in the middle of Rhyme Time. FFS.

I then had to carry him home, holding him with one arm and pushing the pram with the other arm. FFS.

He only slept for an hour and a half. FFS.


This week Chai has decided that slapping me in the face is hilarious. FFS.

He starts laughing hysterically before he does it, then he slaps me in the face, really hard. FFS. 

I have no idea where he got this idea from. FFS.

I asked him how he'd like it if I slapped him in the face, so he started slapping his own face. FFS.

Give me strength. FFS.


After being totally sick of carting Chai's walker everywhere with us, I hid it in the spare room. The next day hubby came home with a lawnmower, which now accompanies us everywhere. FFS.




That's my whinge for the week. Have a great weekend everyone!
 
Dear Baby G

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!