Monday 5 December 2011

Prevage Day

When I received this to trial for BeautyHeaven I was really excited. There is such hype about Prevage products and I've wanted to try them for ages, but the price point is more than I'm willing to pay for something that doesn't have guaranteed results.
Prevage says: Intensive anti-aging moisture cream with sunscreens. This multidefense, concentrated moisturising cream helps nourish skin's natural moisture defenses and reverse dryness. Diminishes the appearance of aging signs and existing sun damage - fine lines, wrinkes and discolorations. Advanced Idebenone technology provides powerful environmental protection. Skin feels ultra soft and smooth, looks healthy, radiant - younger than ever. 

 
Now that I've used the whole pot of Prevage Day I'm ready to write my review. I wanted to use the whole pot before posting my review so that I gave the product a fair trial. The 50ml pot lasted me approximately eight weeks with once daily use.

Prevage Day is a beautiful moisturiser. Everything about it is beautiful. The packaging is gorgeous, the tub looks gorgeous and the moisturiser itself is gorgeous. It has a flip top lid and a little silver spatula, so to use it you flip the lid and then use the spatula to get the product out. It's quite a rich moisturiser but I didn't find it too heavy for my combination skin.

When I apply this my skin looks and feels plumper and hydrated straight away. As I said earlier, it's a very rich moisturiser that leaves my skin looking shiny, however once I apply my primer and foundation my skin looks matte and it doesn't feel oily or greasy. 

Other than the immediate plumped look I got from this moisturiser (which only lasted whilst I was wearing it), I didn't notice any other changes in my skin. There was no change to the condition of my fine lines and wrinkles and the pigmentation of my skin didn't change either.

A 50ml pot costs $195.


Would I buy this? No. It's a very nice moisturiser but not worth $195.

Ingredients: water, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, benzophenone-3, ethylhexyl salicylate, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, octocrylene, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, isostearyl neopentanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, shea butter extract, cocoa seed butter, propylene glycol, ppg-2 isoceteth-20 acetate, blycerin, caprylic triglyceride, ergothioneine, hydroxydecyl ubiquinoyl dipalmitoyl glycerate, hibiscus abelmoschus seed extract, sodium hyaluronate, retinyl linoleate, cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isohexadecane, sodium pca, trehalose, urea, hydrogenated lecithin, phospholipids, polyphosphorylcholine glycol acrylate, sucrose, cetearyl alcohol, hydroxyethyl acrylate copolymer, polysorbate 60, trideceth-6, acrylamide copolymer, polyquaternium-51, peg-8, acrylates crosspolymer, xanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, bht, mica, mineral oil, dimethiconol, phenyl trimethicone, parfum, alpha-isomethyl ionone, linalool, benzoic acid, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, chlorphenesin, iron oxides, red 4, titanium dioxide, yellow 5.

1 comment :

  1. I find good old rose hip oil or vitamin e oil mixed with water works better than any expensive cream out there. I will never buy a moisturiser again :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!