Monday 19 September 2011

Weekly Weigh In

It's been a few weeks since my original post, so I'm not sure why I'm calling this the weekly weigh in. I aim to do this post weekly, whether that will happen or not is another matter.

Slowly but surely I'm losing my baby weight. So far I've lost 26kg's and I have 4kg's to go. It's a great feeling to have only a single digit amount of weight to lose, it sounds so much less daunting than 10kg's did. I'm really pleased today as I lost 1kg last week and am finally under 70kg's. It was one of my goals to get under 70kg's.

I'm starting to look and feel like myself again. I can see my old figure under the extra weight now, it's nice to feel normal again. For ages I haven't looked like myself and I'm really pleased that I'm starting to look like me again.

Other than this week, I've been losing around 600 to 700 grams per week. My Dr has told me that this is a healthy amount of weight to lose whilst I'm still breastfeeding. He cautioned me against trying too hard to lose weight as it may affect my ability to breast feed. So whilst I'd like to lose weight quicker, as long as I continue to lose weight I'll be happy.


I haven't been doing anything drastic to help me lose the weight, I've just continued to watch what I eat, I only eat chocolate or lollies twice a week and I have smaller portions. I'm very fortunate that I don't like junk food, so I haven't had to alter my diet much (other than the chocolate and lollies). I prefer to eat a mainly vegetarian diet of fresh fruit and veggies and find I feel a lot healthier when I eat that way. I'm also exercising as much as possible. At first I was trying to go on long walks for around an hour, but I found that doing that meant if I was busy or tired I didn't do any excercise, so now I try to go for a walk every day, even if it's just to the end of the street and back.

Both Sarah and Dee have done great posts recently on how to lose weight and keep it off. There are only three things I'd add:


1. Eat only when you are hungry, not just because it's meal time. I try not to eat just for the sake of it. Just because it's lunch time doesn't mean that I need to eat. If I'm not hungry I don't eat, meal time or not meal time.

2. Eat when you are truly hungry. Thirst is often mistaken for hunger. When I feel hungry I drink a glass of water then wait fifteen minutes. If I'm still hungry I'll have something to eat.

3. Don't eat until you are full. I hate feeling full so never eat until I feel full, I eat until I don't feel hungry anymore. It takes a while for the stomach to register that it's full, by which time I've eaten too much so end up with that horrible full feeling. By eating until I'm not longer hungry I eat less and don't get that horrible full feeling.

1 comment :

  1. Nice work on the loss and it's excellent that you're still feeding :) I've got about 13kgs to gooooo

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!