Saturday 11 June 2011

Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter


When Burt's Bees released two new lip balm flavours I had to purchase them. I've loved Burt's Bees original balm for years, it's one of my go to balms when my lips are chapped and dry as it heals them really quickly. It also makes a great lip primer. If I have one criticism of the original balm it is that the scent could be improved. The people at Burt's Bees must have heard me thinking this because they now have a Mango Butter lip balm that smells and tastes amazing.

Being a lip balm addict, I always have at least five different balms in rotation. The sign of an amazing balm is that I forgo all other balms and use it exclusively. That's what happened with my mango butter balm. Once I started using it I loved it so much that it was the only balm I used until it was gone. I would have repurchased a new one immediately if it hadn't been for P50P, but as soon as P50P is over I'll be buying a replacement. This balm is now one of my top ten favorites.

Not only does this balm smell and taste amazing, it's a great, hydrating balm. Unlike the original formula, mango butter balm is less waxy and easier to apply. It's the perfect texture, waxy enough that it lasts a few hours before I need to reapply and smooth enough that it doesn't clump up or feel heavy on my lips. Used daily this keeps my lips in great condition. As this can be layered on quite thickly it makes a wonderful night time balm, I find that it lasts all night if I apply several layers. 

Another test of a good lip balm is the washing machine. If a balm can go through the washing machine without getting ruined then it's a good balm. My Burt's Bees Mango Butter balm passes that test. It emerged from the washing machine intact, not melted and with all the labels still on, what a star!

Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter costs $6.95 and can be purchased from Addicted 2 Lip Balm, David Jones, Myer, Priceline and some chemists.

Would I buy this again? Definitely! It's one of my all time favourite balms.

Ingredients: helianthus annuus seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, cera alba, cire d'abeille, aroma, ricinus communis seed oil, mangifera indica seed butter, lanolin, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract, glycine soja oil, canola oil, limonene, linalool.

5 comments :

  1. Ive been looking for a new lip balm, i wanted to try the burt's bees or carmex, because for some reason my paw paw ointment isn't working that great anymore :( Great reaview maybe ill try this *runs off to priceline*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the burts bees lipbalms, the smell is jst amazing :D ill have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lip balm sounds great! I've not really liked Burt's Bees lip balms as I find them way too waxy for me, but I might give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!