Friday 6 May 2011

Face of Australia foundations Part 1

I was recently sent a huge package of Face of Australia products to trial, so keep an eye out for the reviews to come. 

I've long been a fan of Face of Australia, they make great quality products at a very cheap price. They've recently revamped their range and now the products are even better than before! Even better, they are an Australian company and they don't test on animals.

Face of Australia foundations are as good as many high end (I'm looking at you MAC, Becca and Clinique) foundations that I've tried and yet they cost a fraction of the price. I've been testing out the Mineral Therapy liquid foundation, Mineral Therapy powder foundation and Anti-Aging stick foundation.

Out of the three foundations, the Anti-Aging stick foundation is my favourite, it's amazing. It makes my skin look flawless and pore free. For best results I apply it with my Beauty Blender sponge. I put a light layer all over and then a second layer on dark spots and the parts that need more coverage. Then I set it with the Face of Australia Translucent Loose powder in Outback Translucent (review coming soon) and my skin looks amazing. Even better, it stays looking flawless all day. 

I would show you a photo of this on my skin, however the colour I received (Outback Beige) is too dark and too orange for me, so I look silly wearing it. Not to be deterred I wore this around the house for a week just so that I could test it out for you my dear readers. Whilst I was testing this out my orange face managed to scare hubby and the people at at shop several times, it was very entertaining.


Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation is the one that I use nearly every day. It's my go to foundation at the moment because it's light, super easy to apply and looks very natural. The coverage is light to medium, but buildable. 

For every day use I apply a light layer all over, which evens out my skin tone. If I want more coverage I'll apply the Mineral Therapy powder foundation over the top. For a more sheer look I use a light dusting of translucent powder. I have this in Beige which is the perfect colour for me.



Anti-aging stick foundation, Mineral Therapy liquid foundation, Mineral Therapy powder foundation (review coming soon) swatched on NC20 skin.

1 comment :

  1. I'm yet to try FOA's foundations... might have to check them out. (;

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!