Monday 14 February 2011

New CID Cosmetics Lip Products


It's no secret that I am addicted to lip products, they're my obsession,  I even dream about them. Since I'm now doing P50P and no longer able to purchase lip products, you can imagine my delight when I received three New CID lip products to test and review. Normally I like to trial products for at least six weeks before I post my review, however as these colours are perfect for Valentine's day I decided to post my reviews after using the products for a week.

I received i-pout light-up lipsticks in Pink Bliss and Scarlet and i-gloss light-up lipgloss in Raspberry Kiss. As you might have guessed, both the lipsticks and glosses light up. The gloss has the light in the top of the lid and lights up when the lid is removed. The lipsticks have the light in the tube and light up when you press a button on the bottom of the tube. They also have a mirror on the side of them. I don't know why all lip products don't come with a mirror, it makes things so much easier. 

i-gloss Raspberry Kiss

i-pout Scarlet
i-pout Pink Bliss









I tried (unsuccessfully) to take a photo showing the lights in the lipstick. There are two diagonally opposite each other and as you can see, they are really bright so make applying the lipstick in the dark very easily. Being 35 weeks pregnant I don't have much call for applying lipstick in the dark, but still think it's a great idea. In the interests of giving a good review, I did apply this in the dark using the lights in the tube and didn't have any problems at all.


The lipsticks feel very lightweight and have a semi gloss, moisturising finish. Both the colours last around four hours on me and wear off to leave a nice stain of colour. They also work very well lightly dabbed on as a lip stain. 

Pink Bliss. This is a beautiful, everyday colour. In the photo above I've applied one layer and as you can see the colour is very rich and pigmented.

Raspberry Kiss. In the tube Raspberry Kiss gloss looks quite dark, however on my pigmented lips it is a beautiful, soft wash of pink. The texture is amazing, very smooth and moisturising.  i-gloss has no fragrance or flavour. I find this to be as moisturising as a lip balm, it feels quite similar to MAC Lipgelee in texture. For a gloss it is surprisingly long lasting, I didn't need to reapply for around three hours.   

Scarlet. I had trouble getting a good photo of this on my lips. In this photo Scarlet looks quite warm, but in real life it is more cool toned.

Pink Bliss, Scarlet and Raspberry Kiss


Would I buy these? Yes, both the gloss and lipsticks have a beautiful texture and are long lasting.


i-pout ingredients: microcrystaline wax, ceresine wax, bees wax, candelilla wax 2039, crodamol op, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, methylparaben, propylparaben.
May contain: Iron oxides, zinc oxides.

i-gloss ingredients: cera alba, cera microcristallina, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, vitis vinifera, tocopheryl acetate, octyl palmitate, propylparaben, methylparaben, pearl powder, fragrance, iron oxides, zinc oxides.


1 comment :

  1. I had no idea New Cid had arrived in Australia already, I've been hearing such good things about them but haven't seen them anywhere.

    Pink Bliss is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!