Monday 28 February 2011

February Empties

Empties wise February has been another huge month for me. I'm so pleased with myself. Admittedly a few of the products are samples, but it's still great to be working my way through so many products. And I'm amazed that I finished a whole face powder, I don't remember the last time I managed to finish a make-up item. 

Chanel Double Perfection Compact - I love this powder. It has great coverage, doesn't sink into fine lines and when applied with a sponge can be used in place of foundation. If they sold refills I'd buy this again. 

Perfumatory Girls of Summer body milk - This isn't the sort of scent that I'd normally go for but it's beautiful. The body milk is another wonderful Perfumatory product, very hydrating and a formula I'll be purchasing soon.

L'Oreal Matt Morphose foundation - I loved this so much that I've bought the full size version. 

2 x Burberry Sport,  Lancome Hypnose Senses and Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega perfumes - These are all nice scents, but as I didn't love them I wouldn't purchase them. 


Aesop Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque - This seemed quite nice, however there was only enough mask to cover half my face, so I really can't say how well it worked. 


She Wash Away Milk Cleanser - This is my new favourite cream cleanser. It smells lovely and is very gentle. I'll definitely be buying this again. 

Priceline Round Cotton Pads - These are a repurchase for me, they're the only m/u remover pads I use as they're good quality and cheap. 

Sunsilk Summer Care leave in conditioner - I'm so sad to see the end of this. It has been my favorite summer conditioning treatment for years, however Sunsilk don't make it any more. This has UV filters and smells like coconut. I use it to protect my hair when I'm going out in the sun and repair it after I've been at the beach. It's a miracle product that works really well for my fine hair. 

Tinderbox Pregnancy Belly Rub - I've yet to meet a Tinderbox product that I don't love. This has a lovely, subtle scent, absorbs quickly and keeps the itchies at bay. 

Decleor Flower Nectar moisturising cream - This is heavenly. Rich and light at the same time. It absorbs really quickly and is very hydrating. If it was a little cheaper I'd buy it again.

Natio Spa Everyday Shampoo - Nice but not amazing. I wouldn't buy it again. Not because there's anything wrong with it but just because it doesn't excite me.

Natio Spa Everyday Conditioner - Same as the shampoo, nice but not amazing.  
Suvana Paw Paw and Honey Certified Organic lip balm - A very nice, natural lip balm. I'd happily purchase this again. A full review is coming up soon.


Ardell clear brow gel - My HG eyebrow gel, I don't know how many tubes I've gone through. Read my full review here.

Nivea Be Beautiful tinted moisturiser - A very light, nice tinted moisturiser and one that I'd consider purchasing.


The products in this photo aren't empties, they're tosses. These are either products that don't work for me or they've expired. 

The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Leg Gel - I loved this stuff, it had a lovely cooling sensation and the gel formula is really light. I've had it for ages though, so it's gone off and smells bad.

Smashbox Conversion cream foundation - This just didn't work for me. I didn't like the coverage and the way it looked on my skin. I tried using it with different primers and in different seasons but it just doesn't work for me. The coverage is uneven and it sits on top of my skin so looks very unnatural.

Blistex Lip Conditioner - One of my favourite balms, unfortunately this one expired in April 2009.  


Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer - I hate this product and won't buy it again. Read my full review here


Hissyfit Saving Face - This is the shade Sand which is way too dark for me.

7 comments :

  1. Wow that's a lot of empties! I don't think I have ever used up a makeup product LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be posting my first 'Empties' this week, thank you for getting me onto the idea! Love that instead of 'aw it's done' I feel I've achieved something, and am now properly considering the merit of a product before repurchasing. Have hardly bought anything new all month!

    Thanks=D

    emma @ emmabovarybeauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job lady, that's a lot of empties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! O_O You are my new hero~ I'm so terrible with finishing stuff, in fact I've never hit pan before! You've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something sooo rewarding about finishing a product!
    Unless of course that product is discontinued... then you never wanna use it all!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!