Tuesday 11 January 2011

A'kin Pure Creamy Cleanser & Toner


Pure Creamy Cleanser and Toner with rose and geranium and is a cleanser and toner in one. It contains shea butter and vitamin b5 and is suitable for normal, dry and sensitive skin.  A'kin says that it gently removes face and eye make-up, leaving skin fresh and soft. 

I love cream cleansers and am always testing out new ones. You'd think that cream cleansers would all be the same, but I've found that they aren't. Some of them are too heavy and leave my skin feeling greasy and dirty. Fortunately I don't have that problem with my A'kin cleanser. It is a lovely smelling, light cleanser that is very gentle on my skin and doesn't irritate it. I use this to remove all of my make-up, including eye make-up. 

As for the toner part, I'm really not sure about that. I don't use a toner as I don't see the point of them. I've used them in the past and they don't do anything for me, so I can't say if this is like cleanser and toner in one or not. I can say that when I use this my skin feels fresh and hydrated and I don't need to use a moisturiser afterward. 

Would I buy this again? Yes, it's a lovely, gentle cleanser.



Ingredients: aqua, glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sesmum indicum seed oil, cetearyl alcohol, sorbitol, sodium stearoyl lactylate, glyceryl stearate, lecithin, squalane, butyrospermum parkii, persea gratissima oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, hamamelis virginiana water, panthenol, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, xanthan gum, sodium isostearoyl lactylate, stearic acid, glyceryl laurate, sodium gluconate, pheonxyethanol, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, ethylhexylglycerin, rosa centifolia flower water, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, fusanus spicatus wood oil, citronellol, farnesol, gernaiol, linalool.

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for the post- I haven't had that much luck with cream cleansers.

    At the moment I'm trying to use up my Kosmea cream cleanser, which does NOTHING for my skin (much much prefer their clarifying one).

    Will look into the A'kin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cleansers AND toners. I've written these down on my ever-expanding No Buy Future Wish List.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with all the AKIN products!! and I recently bought the cleanser/toner and was again reminded how much I love their stuff. It got rid of all my makeup...even eye makeup, and I didnt have to rub. The smell divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this product, too. I especially love using it as a morning cleanser because it's so mild and really makes my skin supple.

    I also understand your sentiments with other cream cleansers being too creamy. One of which I've tried is Renew, another Aussie brand. It leaves a tacky white film on my face unless I use warm water to rinse it off.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!