Friday 22 October 2010

Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation


I purchased this in shade 02 (on the second attempt). When I went to buy it the s/a originally tried to get me to purchase shade 04. As soon as I saw it I knew it was way too dark, and when she put it on it was obviously too dark. For some reason she tried to convince me that it looked lovely on me and "gave me some colour". When I insisted that I didn't want "some colour" she assured me that shade 03 would be perfect for me. Silly me believed she knew what she was talking about, but when I got home and tried it on it was too dark and too pink. So (after a lot of arguing and the s/a calling the lady who'd sold me the foundation at home on her day off), I swapped it for shade 02 which is the perfect colour for me.

Pure Finish is a mineral powder foundation with an SPF of 20. It comes in a great container that's perfect for travelling and carrying around in the handbag. The powder is solid and to dispense it you turn the top to shave off the amount of powder that you need, so there is no wastage and no loose powder floating around. I use a brush to apply this as I find that when I use a sponge the coverage is too cakey.

Elizabeth Arden says: For all skin types, medium/full coverage foundation with a pure, luminous finish. Pure minerals, pure comfort, pure perfection. This microlight mineral makeup is ultra blendable and buildable. SPF 20 sun protection. Fragrance free. Talc free. Oil free. Freshly ground for ultimate purity. To use: turn dial to the right to release product. Smooth onto face. Clinically and dermatologist tested. Sensitive skin tested.

Pure Finish is a lovely, easy to use foundation. It applies easily and gives medium to full, buildable coverage that lasts all day. I don't have any problems with this sinking into my pores or fine lines. It hides my problem areas and makes my skin look flawless. Another great thing about this foundation is that I don't need to use a primer. For me one of the main things I don't like about mineral foundation is having to use a primer underneath, I just don't have time to do that in the mornings.   

Would I buy this again? Yes, it's a lovely foundation with a great finish. 


Ingredients: mica, dimethicone, nylon-12, titanium dioxide, zinc stearate, silica, methicone, squalane, magnesium mydristate, sea salt, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silk powder, ascorbyl palmitate, retinly palmitate, tocopherol, aumina, oryza sativa starch, butylparaben, methylparaben, propylparaben, sodium dehydroacetate.
May contain: dismuth oxychloride, carmine, iron oxides, titanium dioxide.

5 comments :

  1. I've only used the everyday minerals foundation and I quite like it :) interesting to know about the different options available :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "shaving" thing with the sifter is really cool! And ugh, SA's need to learn that nobody but them (okay, and maybe the Jersey Shore crew) want to be orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same issue, the SA tried to convince me on a shade, and I trusted her (silly me) and it was way too dark. They wouldn't let me return it/exhange it either. And they don't stock #01 in Australia, which is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jadegrrrl, there are so many different and amazing mineral foundations out there. Another favorite of mine is BE Matte.

    SS & VampiressDoll, it is cool isn't it? I love products with interesting packaging.

    Jessica, I am just really insistent about it when I return foundations. I've returned foundation twice now, both times because I've been matched the wrong colour by a SA. If you persist and just keep on arguing with them they give in eventually.

    Interestingly, I was told by an Estee Lauder that they have a money back guarantee, if they sell you a product that doesn't work for you then they will refund your money even if you used it. I'll bet they wouldn't though!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!