Monday 28 June 2010

Al'chemy Vitamin Masque


My hair has really been suffering with the cold weather recently so I've been testing out hair masks and deep conditioning treatments, trying to find something that will help to repair my hair and get it back into a manageable condition. It was great timing that I was sent Al'chemy's Ginkgo and Jojoba Intensive Moisture Vitamin Masque to test and review.  

Here's what Al'chemy has to say: Gingko and Jojoba intensive moisture vitamin masque for hair that needs extra care. Richly nourishing and protecting ingredients such as pure Australian jojoba and certified organic avocado oils combine with gingko and white tea, vitamins E and B5, rice amino acids and wheat protein to help restore hair moisture, flexibility, strength and maintain colours and perms. Your hair will look shiny, healthy and feel more smooth and manageable.

I've been using this for about six weeks now and I'm really happy with it. I use it in place of my regular conditioner and it leaves my hair healthy, hydrated and soft. I've also been using it as a leave in conditioner and as a treatment for split ends. To use it as a leave in conditioner I just mix some with water in a spray bottle and spray it onto my hair. To use it on my split ends I just rub a small amount between my hands and rub it into the ends of my hair.

Another thing I love about Vitamin Masque is the philosophy of the company. Al'chemy and A'kin products are made by The Purist Company. Purist is an Australian company based near Sydney. The products are ingredient-rich, vegan, 100% natural botanical aromatherapy and formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing. They are free from parabens, mineral oils, silicones, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, artificial colours, propylene glycol, phthalates, DEA (MEA, TEA), ethoxylated and petrochemical cleansers .

Would I buy this? Yes, it's effective, natural and smells great!

Ingredients: aqua, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, panthenol, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, lauryl lgucoside, hydrolyzed wheat protein, sorbitol, glycerin, rice amino acids, glyceryl laurate, persia gratissima oil, tocopheryl acetate, potassium sorbate, sodium gluconate, citric acid, squalane, maltodextrin and gingko biloba extract, maltodextrin and camellia sisensis leaf extract, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, lecithin and tocopherol and ascorbyl palmitate and hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, pogostemon cablin oil, fusanus spicatus wood oil, elettaria cardomomum seed oil, syzygium aromaticum flower oil.

3 comments :

  1. I had never thought to mix conditioner with water for a leave in treatment option! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always need a treatment for my hair - its so dry from coloring. This sounds great. thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just stumbled across your blog. I love it! I'm following you.

    Angel x
    High Heels & Lipgloss

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!