Friday 9 April 2010

Blistex Soothe and Smooth SPF30


Textured applicators seem to be in fashion at the moment and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Face of Australia make a gloss with a textured applicator that they say massages the lips. Blistex claim their applicator smooths the lips. I really don't see how this would be the case. The applicator is quite soft so it doesn't exfoliate or smooth my lips. I suppose if I had really dry, flaky lips it might dislodge some of the dry skin, but as I don't, I get no benefit from the textured applicator.

Blistex says: A moisturising gel formula with a unique smoothing applicator, it revitalises the appearance of lips and leaves them feeling refreshed.
Protects from sun, wind and cold. Helps relieve and prevent chapped lips. 
Apply frequently (at least every half hour and after swimming) for protection and relief. 
I've been using this for about a month now. I find it to be quite moisturising and long lasting. I only need to reapply every few hours. 
 
I notice a slight cooling sensation when I first put it on. I'm not sure what causes that, but I don't find it unpleasant. The scent is lovely and fruity, with a slightly sweet flavour. One of the great things about this balm is the SPF of 30.

This isn't a balm that I'd use every day but it's great for those days when I'm out in the sun and I want an effective balm with a high SPF. 
Would I buy it again? Yes, it's an effective balm with a great SPF.

Ingredients: octyl methoxycinnamate 7.5%, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane 3%, octocrylene 2.7%, oxybenzone 2.5%, phenoxyethanol, saccharin, butyl hydroxybenzoate.

3 comments :

  1. Whoa, that's really high SPF for a lip balm :) might have to pick it up

    That texturised applicator does seem totally useless though >_>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they're trying to be innovative with a tube of chapstick, which is kind of difficult really! It does sound super good, especially because of the SPF...hope this was bought prior to the Post&Shame challenge.....;)))))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. One of my friends bought it for me cause she knows I'm obsessed with lip balm and can't buy any at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!