Monday 2 November 2009

MAC Studio Fix




Since I used up my beloved (discontinued) Dior powder I've been on the hunt for a powder to replace it. I don't think any powder will come close to matching the brilliance of my Dior powder, but so far Studio Fix is coming pretty close. MAC call it a powder plus foundation.




The colour that I use is NW20. If it helps anyone, on the left hand side of my blog I've got a list of all the colours that I use in foundation, concealer and powder.

I've tried using this as a foundation and as a powder. I prefer it as a powder due to my dry skin, however I'm thinking that in summer it'll be perfect to use alone. I use this over the top of tinted moisturiser to make me look more polished. I find that it makes my skin look smooth and naturally flawless.

As it can also be used as a foundation I find that it can look a little cakey if I apply too much, especially if I use a sponge, so I use a powder brush and that gives the right amount of coverage.



When I tried using this on its own as a foundation I found that it accentuated my dry spots. However for people with oily skin it'd make a great foundation. One of my friends with oily skin uses this as a foundation and she always looks flawless.

Here's what MAC has to say: Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one that combines good coverage with ease of application. Designed to be used dry, the powder and pigments create a matte, velvety texture. It contains Silica, which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on the skin, as well as Talc to provide a smoother, less reflective, matte finish. The talc has been milled to a microscopic size to provide a beautiful texture while allowing the skin to breathe. It is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a brush, sponge, or a powder puff. 




I've heard some people say using Studio Fix causes pimples, however as I'm not acne prone I don't have this problem. If you do have acne prone skin then this probably wouldn't work for you.  

Would I buy it again? Yes.

Ingredients: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol.
May contain: titanium dioxide (ci77891), iron oxides (ci77491, ci 77492, ci77499), chromium oxide greens (ci77288), ultramarines (ci 77007).

1 comment :

  1. thanks for the review, I've been wanting to try this for ages! maybe now it's summer I'll bite the bullet and just get it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!