Friday 20 November 2009

Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash with NutriumMoisture


I was lucky enough to receive some body washes from Dove to review. This is the first of the three body washes they sent me, and I have to tell you I'm loving it! I intended to use it for a few weeks and then try one of the other ones so that I could do the reviews, but I love this body wash so much that I'm still using it and haven't tried the others yet.

This arrived at the perfect time as my skin is really dry, sensitive and itchy at the moment. Usually when it's like this I have to be really careful with shower gels, but using the sensitive skin body wash has really helped the condition of my skin.

Here's what Dove have to say about Body Wash with NutriumMoisture: Breakthrough Formula Cares for Surface Skin Ten Layers Deep.
The “Dirty Little Secret” of Body Washes: All regular body washes cause dry skin damage.
Until now, all regular body washes caused dry skin damage. Current body washes actually damage proteins and lipids in the skin’s outer layer (called the stratum corneum) during the cleansing process, which can lead to the loss of critical moisture. When skin lacks proper moisture, dryness, tightness and irritation/redness can all occur. Some existing body wash technologies are focused on minimizing protein damage and alleviating visual symptoms of moisture loss by adding heavy moisturizing ingredients (occlusives) that sit on top of skin. While these additives help mask dry skin damage, they do not address the deeper problem of lipid damage.


Groundbreaking Skin Care Advance
With its fifty-year heritage in cleansing and caring for skin, Dove discovered how to restore skin’s natural moisture while cleansing with body wash. A breakthrough in the body wash category, only the new Dove Body Wash collection contains NutriumMoisture™ technology that cares for surface skin ten layers deep. Unlike other body washes, this first-of-its-kind body wash technology takes a dual approach to healthy, nourished skin by preserving both proteins and lipids during cleansing.


Can your body wash nourish this deeply?
Other moisturizing body washes use a moisturiser that sits on top of the skin.  Only Dove contains NutriumMoisture™, a breakthrough formula of soybean oil and natural lipids that can nourish deep down.

NEW Dove Body Wash with NutriumMoisture™:
Repairs and maintains skin’s protective layer during cleansing.
Unlike moisturizers in other body washes, Dove Body Wash with NutriumMoisture™ penetrates surface skin deep down to replenish and nourish.
Clinically proven to significantly reduce dryness and improve moisturisation.

And here's what I have to say:
This is a great body wash. It's gentle and non irritating even when I have skin rashes and irritated skin. It's fragrance free and feels creamy but light at the same time. It lathers lightly and feels soothing and moisturising. I highly recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

One of the other things that I really like about Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash is the bottle and especially the lid. As you can see from the picture at the start of this post, the top is narrow. That means that it's really easy to squeeze out without getting mess everywhere. I often find with body washes with broad tops that I end up with body wash all over the place, but I don't have the problem with this one due to the narrow top.


Would I buy this? Yes, it's a great body wash for sensitive skin.

Ingredients: water, glycine soja oil or helianthus annuus seed oil, sodium lauroyl isethionate, sodium laureth sulfate, lauric acid, cocamidopropyl betaine, stearic acid, glycerin, sodium isethionate, tallow acid or palmitic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, lauryl alcohol, dmdm hydantoin, tetrasodium edta, etidronic acid, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, fragrance, pentaerithrityl tetradi-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, bht.

4 comments :

  1. I haven't used body washes in a while since they seem to dry my sensitive skin but i think i will try this after reading your review. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: Want.

    Don't really need it as I've just bought a new body wash. Better behave myself, I don't want to lug my collection with me across the world if and when I move back to OZ! :D Oh, GQ, please chastise me if I were to buy many more, I haven't even written about the ones I've finished. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappointing it's not sulphate free...you'd think they'd be jumping on the bandwagon too??

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review :)

    sounds great and i want it now :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!