Thursday 3 September 2009

Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Plumping Lipcolour


When I saw in the Maybelline newsletter that they had a new lip plumping lipstick I had to have it. It took me while to find it, I went to five different stores before I finally found it at a Priceline. They were on sale so I only paid $12.95 (AUD). I purchased colour 620, In the Nude.

I'm really happy with this lipstick. As expected, I don't notice any plumping at all, but still, it's a nice lipstick. It has good pigmentation with a glossy finish. As with most glossy finish lipsticks, it doesn't last for ages, but will last at least 2 hours before I need to reapply.

On the tube is a sticker with the following warning: This product may cause a temporary tingling sensation which is normal. Discontinue use if you experience excessive discomfort. Do not use on chapped, damaged or sensitive lips.

Fair enough, however you can only see the sticker once you've removed the plastic wrapper after you've bought the product, which seems pretty silly.
Also, there's no ingredient list.

The first two times I applied this it tingled quite badly, but the tingle only lasted for a few minutes. After that when I applied it the tingle was barely noticeable, and now that I've been using it for about three weeks I don't notice a tingle at all.

Maybelline says: Collagen + cream color. Collagen formula with active amplifiers stimulate circulation. In 10 seductive shades.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it's a nice lipstick at a reasonable price.

2 comments :

  1. Hi GlossQueen, not sure if you remember me but it's EskimoBec from BH =) (hopefully you're the person I'm thinking of! Could be awkward otherwise haha) Came across your blog on the Adore forums. I love all your product reviews, I have a list of things I'm keen to try after reading about them on your blog =) I was wondering if Carmex contains petroleum? Definitely subscribing to your blog =) Although could be bad for my bank balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bec, I remember you! And yes, you got the right person :)

    Carmex does contain petrolatum, it's one of the main ingredients. But it's such a great balm I forgive them for using petrolatum.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!