Thursday 27 August 2009

Prada Shielding Balm SPF 15

I can believe I haven't already reviewed Prada's Shielding Lip Balm. I've been using them for years and always have one stashed in my handbag. They're cute little balms that come in tiny 1.5ml squeeze tubes. The box I have contained 10 tubes, however I think the new ones only have 8 tubes. They come in individually sealed envelopes as you can see in the picture above.

At the moment I'm using Tint 6 which is a pretty, cool toned red. I really like these balms. They're very moisturising and as they are so tiny they're easy to carry around. They come in a lovely range of different colours and there's also a clear version. I'd have to say these are my favorite tinted balms. The texture is thick and creamy and they last about three hours before I need to reapply. Even though the tubes are tiny they last a surprisingly long time. With daily use a tube lasts me around a week.

The only problem I have with Prada balms is they're not very easy to find and they're quite expensive. I got my current ones from Myer, but I don't think they sell them anymore. They're available online though and cost around $40 (AUD).

Prada says: A pure lip enhancing tinted balm that provides an instant buffed shine and a plump finish to lips as it protects over the long term with environmental screens and UVA/UVB filters.
Would I buy these again? Yes, they're beautiful balms.

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, octisalate 1%, avobenzone 1%.
Other Ingredients: Lanolin oil, butyrospermum parkii, beeswax, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, euphorbia cerifera wax, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, mica, vp/hexadecene copolymer, phenyl trimethicone, persea gratissima oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, ricinus communis seed oil, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexyl salicylate, butyl methoxydibonzoylmethane, fragrance, panthenol, silica, talc, methylparaben, propylparaben, yellow 10 lake, red 7 lake, red 28 lake, iron oxides, red 33 lake, iron oxides.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!