Wednesday 19 August 2009

Korres Wild Rose Foundation


Korres says: Long lasting foundation for a flawless, radiant finish. Smooth to apply and easy to blend, it offers natural looking coverage and sun protection. Wild Rose, a natural source of vitamin C, works to repair fine lines and brighten uneven skin tone.

I've only been using this for a month so it's too soon to say if it's working to repair fine lines and brighten my skin tone, so I'll do a follow up review in a few months to report back on that.

So far I'm really happy with this foundation. The first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle is that it has a lovely soft rose scent. I can't smell it once the foundation is on, but it's a lovely smell.
This is a lovely foundation. It gives a sheer, long lasting finish and makes my skin look smooth and luminous.

I apply my Wild Rose Foundation with my Beauty Blender when I want a sheer finish and with my fingers when I want a heavier coverage. I normally set it with a light dusting of powder, which gives a more matte look, but it can also be worn without powder for a more luminous look. I have this in WRF1 which is the lightest shade.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it's a lovely foundation.

More about Korres: Korres natural products is a Greek company with roots in the first Homeopathic pharmacy of Athens. The first Korres product was an aromatic herbal syrup with hone and aniseed, a recipe inspired by 'rakomelon', a warming spirit-with-honey concoction, which George Korres' grandfather used to favour is his hometown on the island of Naxos. Utilising the experience with 3000 homeopathic remedies of herbal origin and hundreds of herbal preparations, the company today offers more than 500 skin and hair care products, suncare, a full colour line, nutraceuticals and a herbal-pharmacy range of products.

Ingredients: aqua, isododecane, titanium dioxide, cyclopentasiloxane, polyglyceryl-10 triisostearate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, mica, glycerin, bis-hydroxyethoxypropyl dimethicone/ipdi/sorbitan stearate copolymer, zinc stearate, silica, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, hydrogenated styrene/isoprene copolymer, sodium chloride, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, rosa canina fruit extract, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, parfum, sodicum dehydroacetate, mannitol, sorbitol, butylene glycol, acetyl tyrosine, laureth-4, tocopherol, proline, ascorbyl palmitate, algin, adenosine triphosphate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, carbomer, acacia senegal, serine, hexylene glycol, fructose, glucose, sucrose, urea, dextrin, alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid.

2 comments :

  1. thanks for the review, this sounds like a great foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading all your Korres makeup review makes me want to try some. I don't think they stock them in my neck of the woods though. :(

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!