Friday 29 May 2009

Revlon Matte Eye Shadow


In the last few months I've had a hankering for matte eye shadows and realised that I didn't own any. So naturally, when Revlon had a buy two get one free offer I couldn't resist getting some of the new matte eye shadows. I've heard mixed reviews about them so didn't know what to expect. Some people have said they're chalky, other people said they didn't have good colour payoff and other people loved them.

I tested these out in the store before I bought them, and they seemed okay, so I bought them. I've been using them daily for about four weeks now and I love them. They have great colour payoff, they last all day and don't crease. I've been using them as an eye shadow and eye liner and they work great both ways.

The colour payoff with these is great. They can be applied sheerly or layered on for an intense colour. They don't look crepey and when I use them as eye liner they don't fade or disappear.

I'm wondering if these work well for me because I don't have oily eyelids? I'm not sure, but if you do get them, just beware that they don't work for some people, so maybe test them in the store if you can.

Would I buy these again? Yes, I really like them.

2 comments :

  1. thanks for the review. I have the shadow in aubergine, and I have yet to try it. I tend to like revlon's shadows. Now I feel motivated to give it a try. I bought it on sale.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to check out this range, I really like mattes at the moments. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!