Tuesday 7 April 2009

John Masters Organics Lip Calm


As I mentioned in an earlier post, Kate from Ikigai was kind enough to send me two lip balms to try. The first one I opened was John Masters Organics Lip Calm. I'm loving it so much that I haven't even tried the second balm yet but never fear I'll be trying and reviewing it soon.

The first time I used Lip Calm I had several thoughts in quick succession. My first thought was wow. The second one was, this balm is amazing. My third though was, this is going to be a holy grail product for me. I don't remember the last time that I've thought that about a balm the first time I used it, I usually have to use products a few times to decide if I like them or not but Lip Calm was love at first use.

Being a lip balm connoisseur it is very rare that I'm so impressed by a lip balm, I have very high standards :)

I've been using lip calm all week now and have to say it's an amazing product. I love everything about it. The texture is beautiful, the scent is beautiful and the finish is beautiful. I'm trying to write a good review but I just feel like gushing about how much I love this balm (a la Gwyneth when she got the Oscar).

The scent is a soft mix of lemon and vanilla. I don't notice much of a flavour, just a very slight hint of lemon. Lip Calm is thick, moisturising and creamy without any hint of waxiness. I only need to apply one layer to get adequate coverage, normally I apply at least five layers to get the coverage I like. It has a soft, glossy shine and lasts over three hours before I need to apply.

When I use Lip Calm at night I wake up with soft, moisturised lips. I've used this when my lips have been really dry and cracked with great success, it soothes and heals them quickly.

A look at the John Masters Organics website is well worth it, they have a great philosophy. I'm Very keen to try other products from the range. You can get John Masters Organics and other lovely products from Ikigai.

Would I buy this again? Definitely, this is one of my favorite balms now.

Ingredients: olea europaea (olive oil),* ricinus communis (castor bean) oil,* carthamus tinctorius (sunflower) oil,* apis mellifera (beeswax),* copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil),* butyrospermum parkii (shea butter),* calendula officinalis (calendula) extract,* triticum vulgare (wheatgerm oil), linum usitatissimum (flax seed) oil,* borago officinalis (borage) oil,* aleurites moluccana (kukui nut oil),* rose mosqueta (rosehip) oil,* tocopherols (vitamin E), bee propolis extract, ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), essential oils of citrus reticulata (tangerine),* citrus limon (lemon),* citrus aurantifolia (lime),* vanilla planifolia (vanilla)* & canaga odorata (ylang ylang)*

All products with a * are certified organic.

1 comment :

  1. Completely love this lip balm, is not my holy grail but is my second favourite.
    If you like this product you have to try other things from John Masters, his products are really good, but I think some of them are quite pricy!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!