Wednesday 18 March 2009

YSL Baume Nourrissant

A few years ago (okay, many years ago), when I was on my constant hunt for lip balm, I was told by a few people that YSL's lip balm is the best balm they've ever used. At that time I'd never used any YSL products, mainly because the lady at my YSL counter was very scary. Anyhow, one day when there was another, not scary lady there, I braved the counter to check out their lip and nail balm. And, being the true addict that I am, I'm sure you'll all be very surprised to hear that I bought it. Since that day I've gone through several tubes of this, which says a lot as it's very rare for me to repurchase a lip balm.

I'm not sure why they suggest using this on nails, when I tried using it on my nails I ended up with very sticky hands, it wasn't good! But, as a lip balm, this is heaven. It has a lovely apricot flavour and is glossy, thick and hydrating. In the tube it looks like an apricot colour, but it applies clear. Due to the thick texture I only need to apply Baume Nourrissant twice a day.

Here's what YSL has to say: Moisturizing Lip and Nail Balm A delightful double-action clear balm that instantly hydrates the lips and intensely nourishes the nails. Use any time of the day to hydrate and give shine to the lips. When applied over lipstick, the balm enhances comfort and shine.

I love the way companies make funny claims about their products. I can't say that I've ever thought of how great Baume Nourrissant is at enhancing my comfort and shine, but it is nice to use over lipstick.

Would I buy this again? Yes, I'm already onto my third tube.

Ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecanol, polybutene, prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, triticum vulgare germ oil, cera alba, hydrogenated vegetable oil, caprylic/capric/succinic triglyceride, silica dimethyl silylate, butyrospermum parkii extract, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, stearyl stearate, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, disteardimonium hectorite, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated coco glycerides, irvingia gabonensis kernel butter, propylene carbonate, behenic acid, euphorbia cerifera wax, propylparaben, ci77019, sodium stearate, paraffin, ammonium glycyrrhizate, acacia senegal, parfum, sodium chloride, ci77491, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, solanum lycopersicum extract, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acide, glyceryl stearate, lecithin, rosemary extract, tocopherol.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!