Monday 9 March 2009

The Face Shop Pearl Mask Sheet


A few years ago when I was in Hong Kong I discovered a shop called The Face Shop. They were full of all sorts of interesting skin care and cosmetics. Since then I haven't been able to access their products as there were no stores in Western Australia, so I was delighted when I discovered that a store had opened up at the new Joondalup shopping centre. 

I'm really happy with this mask. I bought it because my skin is really confused at the moment, I have pimples, blackheads, rough skin, enlarged pores and dry patches. I was hoping that this would be a mask that could help all of those different things, and it did a pretty good job. If you hadn't already guessed, it's a sheet mask. It hydrates without being greasy or oily, and left my skin feeling a lot smoother and looking clearer. I used the mask twice a week for two weeks and definitely noticed a difference in my skin condition. I'm a bit annoyed that I only bought a few of these, because now I'm going to have to go up to Joondalup to buy more. Hopefully we'll get some more Face Shop stores around Perth soon. 

The Face Shop has this to say about their Pearl Mask Sheet: What is pearl? A rare, precious stone rich in calcium which helps illuminate, clarify and hydrate lackluster skin. The concentrations of pearl in this gentle mask sheet are effectively absorbed to clarify and refine skin. 

Would I buy it again? Yes, I'll definitely be picking up some more of these.

Ingredients: water, polyglutamic acid/methyl propanediol/water, sodium hyaluronate, phaseolus radiatus extract/betula platyphylla japonica bark extract/rumex crispus root extract/water/butylene glycol, pearl powder/butylene glycol/water, morus alba bark extract/butylene glycol, algae extract, betaine, peg-32, glycerin, peg/ppg-17/6 copolymer, dipropylene glycol, sd alcohol 40, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil/ppg-21-buteth-26, fragrance, hydrogenated lecithin, citrus paradisi (grapefruit) extract. 

4 comments :

  1. Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog because I was searching up The Face Shop mask sheets. I would love to try the Pearl Mask Sheet, but I have some questions. Do you need to rinse your face when you remove the mask? How much does it cost in Hong Kong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kitty,

    You don't have to rinse your face after removing the mask, however I do because it's a little bit sticky.

    I don't know how much they cost in Hong Kong cause I'm in Australia, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellooo. I was just searching about places to buy beauty products esp asian cosmetics. Then I stumbled here. I'm in Perth as well...so I was wondering, is the Beauty shop in the shopping complex? O_O I've never been to Joondalup before. According to transperth it says take the train to Clarkson. I'm scared I might get lost. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Evelyn,

    There's a Face Shop in the city, but the store at Joondalup is better. I think you can catch a train directly to the Joondalup shopping centre. The Face Shop is upstairs, kind of above the food hall.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!