Friday 13 March 2009

CoverGirl TruShine Lipstick


TruShine lipsticks are one of my top ten favorite lipsticks. They're the perfect mix of a lipstick and a gloss. CoverGirl has them divided into colours to suit different skin tones which makes it easy to choose the right colour. For each skin tone they have a nude, a pink, a coral and a red, which makes the hunt for the perfect lipstick very easy. 

I find TruShines to be very moisturising, I don't need to use any balm underneath them, and often use them instead of lip balm. They provide a sheer wash of colour with a lovely glossy finish. Like most sheer lipsticks, they don't last very long, but that's not a problem for me. I find these very similar to Becca's Sheer Tint lip colours. The only differences are that they don't have a fragrance, and they are a quarter of the price!

One problem I have with TruShines is that some of them go off very quickly. The first one I bought only lasted two months before it started to smell bad, but all of the other ones that I've got have lasted for over a year, so maybe that first one was just a bad batch.

Would I buy this again? Yes, they're a great product and super cheap.

1 comment :

  1. thanks for the timely review. I just tried my first one, and I am really enjoying it. In fact, I was in CVS and I wanted to confirm that these lippies are still around (I received mine a while ago, but never really tried it). Thankfully they are, and I am going to snag some during a sale.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!