Friday 12 December 2008

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

I love the way my skin feels after I've exfoliated, but due to my sensitive skin I have to be careful not to use a scrub that too rough, harsh or irritating. One of my favorite face scrubs is Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant.

According to Dermalogica; This unique, Rice-based enzyme powder activates upon contact with water, releasing papain, salicylic acid and rice enzymes to smooth the skin and accelerate cell renewal. Our unique skin brightening complex of rice bran, salicylic acid, green tea, grapefruit and licorice helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation. Papain and other active agents derived from rice bran and rice extract help to regulate melanin production while micro-exfoliating dead cells. A super-soothing blend of green tea, ginkgo and colloidal oatmeal calms inflammation, leaving the skin extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.

How it works:
Rice bran and rice starch gently microfoliate skin surface to facilitate penetration of the skin brightening complex. Papain enzyme and salicylic acid help dissolve excess surface cells. Skin brightening complex of rice bran, salicylic acid, green tea, grapefruit and licorice helps even skin tone.

Now I'm not sure about all of that. What I do know is that this is a great, gentle face scrub. It's a softly gritty powder that's gentle enough to use every day, however I usually use it twice a week. I pour a little bit of powder into my hand, add a few drop of water then massage it into my face.

After I've used this my skin feels very smooth. I bought a large 75 gram bottle from Strawberrynet which I've had for a year now and have only used a third of it, so whilst this may seem expensive, I use so little that it will last for ages.

If you're interested in this I suggest buying it from Skin Care Store as they are often cheaper than Strawberrynet.


Would I buy it again? Yes, it's a favorite of mine.

1 comment :

  1. I wouldn't use it everyday either...like you said GQ...I'd only use it only twice a week also. It is a nice fine exfoliator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!