Thursday 9 October 2008

Lipstick Queen is here!!!!!



Back in the nineties I was a huge fan of Poppy King products, in fact most of my lip products were Poppy's. I was really excited when I heard that Poppy was releasing a new line of lip products called Lipstick Queen, and even happier when I heard they were finally going to be released in Australia.

It was with great excitement that I headed to Kit last Wednesday, where I was delighted to see that they had Lipstick Queen products in stock. And to my great delight they are just like they used to be! There's the classic gloss in a huge pot, a range of sheer lipsticks, a range of pigmented lipsticks and a new product called Oxymoron, which is a matte gloss.

I purchased two products, Saints sheer lipstick in Pink and Oxymoron gloss in Free Ride.

The Saints sheer lipstick is a gorgeous mid tone pink colour that on me is very close to my natural lip colour. It's got quite a waxy texture with a soft shine. Due to the waxy texture it lasts about three hours on me before I need to reapply. I don't detect any fragrance or flavour.


The Oxymoron gloss is really interesting. It can be used on lips or as a blush. It's got a nice texture, moisturising and matte. It's less waxy than the lipstick, fairly pigmented and lasts well. Free ride is a medium tone pink with a slight nude/brown tint to it. I found with the Oxymoron glosses that they go on a different colour than what they look in the pot, so you definitely need to try before you buy.


For those people who live in Perth, Poppy King will be at the Kit store on Wednesday the 15th of October, doing lip analysis. You don't have to make an appointment, you just turn up between 12 and 2pm and she'll pick the best lipstick colour for you.

2 comments :

  1. I love gloss too and I'm embarrassed to say I have never tried Poppy King's products before. ;( If I lived over that way I would surely be there in a jiffy. ;)...love to try new products especially lip colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gem, you have to try some of Poppy's products. You can get them on the Kit website, or if you have a Kit store near you, check them out, they're brilliant!
    She's making in store appearances all over the country, so you could probably see her in your area too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!