Sunday 7 September 2008

Shu Uemura Depsea Perfect Water-In Cake Foundation

Finally, after years of searching I've found my Holy Grail foundation. This is it. The best foundation I've ever tried, the one that I'd be willing to use for the rest of my life, never being tempted to stray to another brand. That's how perfect this is. Of course, there's one big catch, and that is thatShu Uemura isn't currently available in Australia, although rumour has it that it'll be available at David Jones in Sydney and Melbourne soon. If this is true, then I'll be on the next plane over!

Now, a little about me. I have dry, pale, sensitive skin. In a foundation I like medium coverage to even out my skintone, and something that won't sink into my fine lines. I also want something that will last all day, and not make me look dry or oily.

Depsea Perfect Water-In Cake Foundation provides a light to medium coverage. It is smooth and moisturising and evens my skintone without sinking into fine lines, leaving my skin feeling moisturised all day. One thing I really love about it is that it works as a concealer too, so I don't have to use a separate concealer.

It contains 20% Depsea Water, is sweat resistant and has SPF. The one that I purchased in
Hong Kong says it has SPF of 18, but the website and the second one that I received from a very kind friend has a SPF of 14.

In the
US this foundation is called Water Perfect Water-In Cake Foundation. There are 8 different shades available. I use shade 564, which is a perfect match for me. In other brands I'm a Mac NC20 and Becca Cashmere. Usually I use the lightest or second lightest foundation colour.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!